What’s scarier than 2020? How about a horror movie villain? Once again, pumpkin lattes are served hot and ghosts and witches appear on doorsteps, which means October is upon us and Halloween is just around the corner.
For the third year in a row, Frontierbundles.com gets into the ghoulish spirit of things by surveying which state prefers which cinema psycho for the past year. With many of these villains reaching release dates of up to fifty years ago, each state’s search history proves that age is just a number.
Keep reading to find out which villain has the dishonor of reigning supreme in your state.
Most Popular Horror Movie Villains by State
- Frankenstein’s Monster, also known simply as Frankenstein, claimed the highest amount of searches with eleven states searching him most.
- Last year in our 2018-2019 study, Jack Torrance was America’s most-searched-for villain for ten states.
- Illinois was once again a fan of Chucky, perhaps because Chicago was the filming location for the 1988 version of Child’s Play.
- Jack Torrance has turned a card since starring as the most popular movie villain last year. Maine was the only state that preferred this The Shining villain in 2020.
- While this movie made a killing at the box office bringing in $473.1 million, only four states favored It Chapter 2 villain, Pennywise.
- Although Psycho took place on the west coast, the east coast had a lot of love for the villain Norman Bates, with Rhode Island and Virginia leading the way.
- Wyoming is so fond of Dracula that in 2019, Ballet Wyoming and Stage III Community Theatre both took the famous vampire’s story to the stage.
- Washington is one of the top five states that have reported UFO sightings so it’s no surprise that aliens were the top villain for the Evergreen state.
- FrontierBundles has performed this search for three years in a row from 2018, 2019, and 2020.
|District of Columbia||Carrie|
|New Hampshire||Frankenstein's Monster|
|New Jersey||Frankenstein's Monster|
|North Carolina||Frankenstein's Monster|
|North Dakota||Hannibal Lecter|
|Rhode Island||Norman Bates|
|South Carolina||Frankenstein's Monster|
FrontierBundles.com selected fifteen popular villains from classic, pre-2000 horror movies and searched each film in Google Trends for the past twelve months. The team pulled the results on September 4, 2020.
When you and your loved ones want to get into the spirit of things and revisit the Bates Motel, use an internet provider that will give you streaming power so fast it’s scary. FrontierBundles.com provides Fios TV so you can relive the horror time and time again.
FrontierBundles.com is an online authorized reseller of Frontier Communications. Please direct all media inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.