Lines With Frontier® Business Phone
Communication is essential—especially in business. That’s why Frontier makes connecting with customers simpler with an intuitive phone system.
Unlimited nationwide calling
Basic feature package with voicemail, caller ID, call waiting and more
Optional add-on premium feature upgrades are available for an additional monthly fee
Taxes and surcharges apply. Voice service order or install charge may apply. Nationwide long distance excludes 900, international, directory assistance and dial-up calls. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with other offers. Other restrictions, Frontier policies and service terms apply.
Create mini "conference" calls by talking to two people at the same time.
View incoming calls and choose to answer or send them to voicemail—even if you’re on the line.
Make your main number answerable across multiple lines and stop missing important calls
Extra lines available.
Support your call volume by adding additional phone lines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, you can bundle your phone and internet! Call Frontier Customer Service and ask to order a bundle.
Several phone systems are suitable for small businesses:
- Multi-line. Multi-line phone systems are the basic, reliable systems you find in many small-business offices.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). VoIP phones use high-speed internet or fiber-optic internet instead of a phone line—making them cost-effective and easy to scale.
- Private branch exchange (PBX). Centralized phone systems with automated switchboards are the defining features of PBX phone systems.
- Cloud-based. VoIP or PBX systems hosted off-site are considered cloud-based phone systems.
Most phone systems have similar functions and differ in scalability, cost, and technology. Regardless of the system you choose, here are some things to look for:
- Multiple lines allow you and your employees to improve communications by being able to speak with several customers at a time.
- Extra lines available, so you don’t have to pay for additional lines until you need them.
- Hold functionality with messages or on-hold music to let callers know the call hasn’t dropped or what the wait time will be.
The overall cost of your company’s system depends the features you need, the size of your business, and whether you need new equipment. Call Frontier Business for plans for your needs and in your area.
Picking the right phone number for your business is important because it can affect how many calls your business receives. There are a few options to choose from depending on your location and needs.
- Local businesses. Choose a local number with the area code of your location to make your number for memorable for your customers.
- National businesses. Select a toll-free number, which looks professional and provides free long-distance calling to your customers.
- Telesales businesses. Pick a memorable vanity number (one that uses words) if most of your sales come via phone calls.
You will be able to make and receive calls during a power outage if you have a traditional landline phone plugged into a phone jack.
Choosing a phone provider, also known as a telephone company, telecommunications company, or telco, can influence business productivity and the service you provide your customers. There are a few things you want to look for when making this important business decision:
- Customer service. Know that your telephone company is there to answer every question.
- Affordable options. Look for a provider that offers a variety of budget-friendly plans.
- Scalability. Business growth is good news, and a great telecommunications company will work with you to scale services accordingly.
- Bundles. Look for a provider that offers bundles if your business needs more than phone service. Frontier services can be bundled—which saves you time and money.
- Additional options. Determine if there’s anything else your business needs—such as no early termination fees, premium features, or equipment leasing.
Visit our customer service page for even more FAQs, or give Frontier Business a call. We’re happy to answer your questions.